Friday, February 09, 2007

Progressing

So, you ask: what progress so far? Well, on the home front I seem to be making good progress shorin up my relationship with Zamin. It's always a challenge but I have to say so good so far. I read one of my favorite authors again last night, Montaigne.

It's amazing what great insights he has, although some of his thinking doesn't resonate I especially enjoyed his essay on 'husbanding your will'. It is amazing what strife could be avoided in the world and in our personal lives if we could hust learn to temper our passions going in to things. Why try to quit smokin if you can not start. Simplistic example but we give praise to someone who quits cold turkey after 10 years of smoking but little credit to the man who never starts. A Great Essay, very uplifting and available free on the net, just google it.

No comments: