Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Release yourself from expectation...

I have been pondering the same thought on my other Blog. Release yourself from expectation but not necesarily Desire. I desire a certain outcome but don't "expect" it in the sense that it is "due me" I decided one of the largest barriers to happiness is unrealistic expectations. I go to work and when I come home feel I have arrived at the end of a journey and should therefore be able to relax. Life intrudes and I become angry. In reality, home is just a phase of my day so I should release myself from the shackles of these expectations and relax where I can. If I can read a book over lunch then that is my "relax" time. When I get home their are things I need to do, just like at work. I should enjoy the environment, family etc free from expectation. The trick is to avoid disapointment yet not lose the "striving". I think that's the problem with Buddhism, its really a philosophy of "stopping and accepting" versus Growth.

No comments: